Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My studies

I have a thirst, or maybe a craving, for knowledge. I am finding that I want to learn. Can you imagine. I went through all those years in school, not doing my homework, and trying in any way possible to not learn. Now, I can't get enough. I want to know everything. I am in the process of reading about 5 books right now. I know that seems like a lot, but I am looking for more.

I am reading and studying the Bible. I am thinking about looking at the book of Romans. I am going to find out everything I can about this book. Everybody, let me know what your favorite verse is in Romans, and why.

I am reading "The New Eve" by Robert M. Lewis and Jeremy Howard. We are studying this book in the women's study group at my church. It is pretty good. I especially like how they have the questions for each chapter. It is a true book to study. I also find myself referencing the Bible. Which, I believe, should be done with any book you read.

I am reading "Bring Up Boys" by James Dobson. This book is a must if you have boys. I now have three of them, so I was a little behind in reading this one. There are a lot of facts and statistics in this book, and all of them are eye opening. I always thought I was alone in the world of being a mommy of wild, out of control boys. Now I know that if you have three boys, God will give you the energy to keep up with them. Instead of trying to stop them from bouncing off the walls, which I always thought was just a saying, but my boys really do run into walls and bounce back, I join in the chaos and we all have a blast. I try to redirect their energy into constructive activities.

I have been really getting into apologetics right now. My pastor gave me a book called "Creative Defense: Evidence Against Evolution". I have only read a few pages, but so far it is really good.

The last book, is called "Prayers of an Excellent Wife" by Andrew Case. I am really excited about this one. I just got it and can't wait to start reading it.

Here are some more that I would like to start reading soon.
The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
The Love Dare by Kendrick?
Have a New Kid by Friday by Dr Kevin Leman
Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham
Share Jesus Without Fear by William Fay
How To Study Your Bible by Kay Arthur
What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst

I could probaby go on for quite a while, but I will stop here. I don't know that I will have a chance to read any of these. I am thinking that Jesus will come back before I have a chance to get through even half of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment