Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm going to.....

I always start something, but never finish it. Have you ever been there? There are a couple new things I would like to start. I really hope I actually keep up with these.

First, I want to start keeping a journal. You would think that I already do that. It's called a blog. Well my blog is a little different. There are quite a few things that I wouldn't mention here. Let's face it folks, if you can read this, then it's not really a journal. My journal will be private. I decided to put it in a letter format. I am going to write letters to God. I am a little excited to get started. Should I write in a notebook, or start a new file on my computer and type.

Second, I am really interested in getting into the whole runnin thing. I am always hearing about people talking about the marathon's and tri's they are going to run. It's like the new "IN" thing. I am interested in starting. I need to get a new pair of running shoes. I need to get used to the heat, and sweating a lot. I need to get used to pain. I hope I don't get discouraged and never start this. I would love for this to get me in shape, and make me feel better about myself.

Third, I am going to start following a schedule. You know, get up before the kids and start my day. Have specific thing to get done on specific days. This will help me to get things done. I usually forget what needs to be done, and then it never gets done. If I have a list of things that I need to do each day, and I follow that list, I believe things will be a little less hectic around here.

I will let you know how things are going with each of these in a week or two. It may take me a while to start the whole running thing. I want to wait until I get a decent pair of running shoes. I don't really have anything that would be in that category right now, and I don't want to get injured because of not having the right equipment. I need to have the money to buy the shoes first, and we are a little short on cash right now. I would like to buy so many things, that I am trying to patiently wait for.

My sister had her baby yesterday. I wish I was there to hold her. Congratulations little sis on your new addition! Give her a kiss for me.

1 comment:

  1. come school and fall i am going to start working really hard on a schedual too, we are getting extra things to fill our days, i find we have to much time at home and that is why the house doesnt stay clean, if we keep busy then i wont have to keep up with cleaning so much and other house realted things. I want to get up and have a devotional time, which i unforgently dont really have right now, if i do it is at night in bed as i am falling asleep and thinking about issues, worries, that I am like "jez: then i think about praying and talking with God. I want to do it in the morning, my first study will be "what does the bible say about walking up in the morning and studying the word?' if it says anything at all...but about responsibility and my role as a wife and mom to my family. Probablay go over proverbs again. once sep. gets here I am going to get back into the YMCA. that will be on one of my task lists. at least 3 days aweek but i would like to be back to my five...when i did five days a week 45-1 hr a day i lost 3 inches off my waist now...sadly its all back ;-( but i saw results and i know they will come again...and another thing I would like TO DO...is change my eating habits and hope my family will follow. I already have, i try to eat a freshly made by me smoothie for lunch everyday and carrots, cheese stick, healthy food for lunch. Breakfast is a fruit and yogurt, maybe a cheese stick. I am thinking about making myself snack on fresh veggies, peppers, salary, green beans...but ewwww is what goes through my head...i like them cooked..to much work anyway...loook i had enough to do a blog entry :-) Good for you, I am proud you have things you want to do and I hope and pray that you will, that God would give you the strength and will and desire to continue even when you are tiered and feeling down, when life seems against the odds of it all.....well got to go...i am eating shurburt instead of ice cream my other new change...1 step at a time.

    ReplyDelete