Friday, August 20, 2010

Lies

Have you ever told a lie?
Have you ever been in a situation where you don't want to tell someone something and you feel you are forced to lie?

What do you do?

Is it polite to refuse to answer a question?

I know that lies are of the devil. I know that truth is in the Lord.

John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

What is a White Lie?

Is one lie worse than another?

I teach my boys that the consequences for not telling the truth are worse than if they just tell me what they did that was wrong. We learn that the act of telling a lie is wrong, yet when someone asks for you to enter your age and/or weight on your drivers license you lie. Some lie when asked "Do I look fat in this?" I know there are those that will not lie about those things, but what would they lie about?

Why can't we all just tell the truth all the time?

Answer: Because we are afraid. Because we have the fear of hurting others or ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment