Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bad Days

The last few days have been a little difficult for me. Thursday started out great. We woke up and did our normal everyday activities. The boys were very well behaved. Then we set out to drive about an hour away for my women's Bible study. I was so excited. I have really been enjoying this book, and I couldn't wait to hear what all the other women thought of it. The discussion was great. We all had different views on the chapters we had read. We talked about the views each of us had. With everyone coming from a different past, it was really interesting and a great learning experience. When the discussion was over, I left to go pick up the boys and go home. Lauren Diaz was watching Jameson and Teagen. They had a lot of fun. My difficult time starts when I was pulling out of their driveway. There was a flapping noise coming from my car. I almost started to cry. I couldn't believe it, more car problems. Glenn, God Bless Him, came out and looked at my car. It was about 11pm. It was only the AC belt. I was able to drive home, but with no AC. I am so thankful for Glenn. We got home and the kids were obviously sleeping. I carried each one of them inside and put them in bed. I didn't get to sleep much, because I just don't anymore. The boys woke up at 6am.

I haven't been getting much sleep at all lately. Maybe because Gavin started waking up in the middle of the night. He used to sleep all night long. It could also be because Scott has been working at night so often lately, that I am going to bed by myself. I just don't sleep well when he's not next to me. I usually stay up until about 11pm. Then I go lay in bed. Lately, even when Scott is there, I haven't been falling asleep until about 1am or 2am. I could go to the doctor and see if their's a problem, but we don't have insurance.

Other than having no sleep, and one more thing going wrong with the car, everything was going fine. That is, until I just crashed. I don't see Scott much because of his job. He has been really busy with hiring and covering the shifts that have to be covered until he hires someone to cover them. Then he has to train people because they don't know how to do their jobs. He needs to learn how to delegate. He thinks he has to do everything. If he leaves something for someone else to do, it doesn't get done. Therefore, Scott ends up working more than he should. We don't see him. This, mixed with my feeling of already being lonely because of being 2000 miles away from my extended family and friends, has taken its toll. I have been feeling a little sorry for myself.

I think I need a vacation. My dream vacations used to involve Palm Trees. Now that my everyday life includes Palm Trees, where do I go for vacation? The answer is somewhere where there is snow. The problem is, I like the Palm Trees. I don't like the snow and cold.

Lord, please help me to realize that I am not alone. You have given me so many great friends down here, and I thank you for that. Please bring me peace through sleep. Please heal my cars. In Your Name I Pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment