Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm Thankful

Because of Thanksgiving just passing, I decided to write about the thing I am most thankful for. Of course there are many things I thank God for every day; the food He has provided, the home He has provided, that He keeps us safe, and all the other everyday miracles He performs. Today I would like to thank God for my Family.
I have an amazing husband. He loves me so much. He does so much for me. He takes care of me. I don’t deserve the love that he pours out to me. I am in awe every day just to know how much he cares. He sacrifices his sleep to give me another hour of rest. He will change dirty diapers all weekend long, just to give me a break from it. He does the dishes, laundry, and many other household duties. I love my husband so much, and I thank God for bringing us together.

God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave us our oldest son, Jameson. He knew we needed him. Jameson is very strong willed. He wants things done his way, and will complain if he doesn’t get it his way. He will also make sure that he wants the exact opposite of what you want. He is very easily upset. He is also one of the sweetest kids ever. He will sit and hold his baby brothers hand for hours, just because he loves him. He will randomly announce to everyone that he loves them. He will talk to complete strangers at the grocery store or anywhere else, and tell them about Jesus. Everyone should have a daily dose of Jameson.

Teagen, our second son has been quite an adventure in himself. When God gave us another boy, I knew I had my work cut out for me. Teagen likes hugs. He needs to be hugged regularly. If he hurts himself, he won’t stop crying until he has a hug. His laugh is contagious. Just try not to laugh after hearing him chuckle. I don’t think it’s possible. He will actually come up to you and ask to be tickled.

Our third son Gavin, has been such a blessing. He is nothing like the other two. Gavin is happy just sitting on my lap. He will play with his brothers, but is happiest when being held. He is a snuggler. He hugs and holds on so tight. I don’t mind, because I love hugs.

I give thanks to God for blessing me with such an amazing family. Not just my husband and kids, but my parents, siblings, in laws, and my church family as well. I had heard people talk about their church families, but never really understood what it meant, until I experienced it for myself.

You guys are great. After leaving our families, and moving, God gave us an amazing gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment