Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wind Chill?

Can you believe it? There was a wind chill warning in Florida today. They were saying the temp could get as 30 degrees. The wind chill would make it colder and everyone should make sure they wear hats and gloves when they go outside.

???????????????

I am sorry to say, but that is not a wind chill.

A wind chill is when there are warnings of frostbite on exposed skin after only a few seconds.

A wind chill is 30 degrees below zero.

A wind chill is when it is dangerous to even go outside.

I just laughed when I heard the weather report here.

First, I couldn't believe how cold it was actually going to get. I didn't think we would have to turn the heat on at all, and last night we did. It actually got a little cold in our place.

Second, Floridians don't even know how lucky they are. Driving in snow is not fun. Trying to breath outside when it's 30 degrees below zero is hard and painful. Your nose hairs freeze.

Third, what is up with this cold weather? I live in Florida, and it's like 40 degrees out. Not at all what I expected. Is this normal?

Good thing I was raised in Minnesota. I am used to this kind of weather. Only thing is, I thought I had moved away from it. Oh no, it followed me. Please don't blame me if it starts snowing in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment