Monday, November 1, 2010

Sick

My boys are sick. They all have runny noses and a cough. I feel so bad, because I know how miserable they must be. I can't stand having a cold.

The sleepless nights without the ability to breathe through my nose,

The endless blowing of my nose,

The raw red nose that you don't want to go into public with,

The hacking and coughing that is embarassing.

I really hope I don't catch it.

Jameson doesn't have it very bad, only a little bit of a runny nose, and not much coughing at all. Teagen, however, was coughing so hard that he threw up. He was up almost all night for two nights in a row. Gavin has a very runny nose, and a little cough.

Now for the talk about meds. What can I give them. There are no medications out there that will dry up their noses. There are only ones that are decongestants. That will make their noses run more. I can't give Gavin anything, because he is only 6 months old. I have given the older two cough medicine, but it doesn't seem to work. They are still hacking.

I don't like medicine, and rarely take any myself. If I can live with the pain, or discomfort, I do. As for my kids, I don't like to watch them suffer, and would rather have them feeling normal, so I give them medicine when it is required.

I would love to get some sleep, but when you have sick kids it's out of the question. I find myself getting up a few times at night just to check on them and make sure they are okay, and still breathing. With these colds, I don't even have to enter their bedroom. I can hear them snoring all the way in my room.

Poor little Gavin is also teething. He is draining fluids from his nose, and mouth. So, not only is he cranky from the pain in his gums, but he also had the cold and cough. I have given him Tylenol, and Orajel as needed.

A mother's job is never over. This is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment