Monday, November 8, 2010

Angel VS Devil

Have you ever had fight with yourself over what you should do in a particular situation? I have a very visual mind, and always picture that little angel on one of my shoulders, and the little devil on the other shoulder, both telling me what they think I should do. Who do I usually listen to? Do I have to answer that?

I would have to admit, I probably don't listen to the Angel quite as often as I should. Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. I am no exception to this! I have sinned as well. I hate to admit it, because I do like to think of myself as perfect.

These little so called cartoon characters are a large part of my decision making process. One of them gives me an idea, and I think, "That would be fun." Then the other says, "No, do this." I of course think, "That would be more fun." When it comes down to my final decision, I would like to say that I always take into account what the Bible says, and I do what is right. That's not always how it works though. I sometimes choose what I know to be wrong.

Like I said, I like to think of myself as perfect. I, however, am not perfect.

Perfect would be God, and God alone.

How do I change this, and make the right decision all the time? Can I just flick that little cartoon devil off my shoulder, and listen only to the beautiful little angel? No! It's an evil world, and that means that I have to face evil in my everyday life. I have to face making decisions that I would rather not make. I have to have these little arguments with myself to figure out what God wants me to do. I also have to make the wrong decisions every once in a while, so God can teach me and mold me into what He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment