Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Things I Learned

There are certain things I have no control over, and there are other things that depend completely on me. Out of everything that could go wrong in this evil world, my problems are minor ones. Things could be so much worse, and I am thankful to God for teaching me this.




I have had my share of difficulties. My life has by no means been easy. It actually seemed to get worse once I made a commitment to the Lord. I have been under attack. The enemy doesn’t like that I switched sides, and is fighting for my return. Bad news for the enemy. I am completely devoted to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.



We are currently having some money problems. I have been frustrated and confused and outright angry. I don’t understand why we don’t have enough to support our family. We are trying so hard to stretch every penny to make ends meet. For some reason, it doesn’t work. There are more bills than money coming in. The numbers are far from even.



We are also having issues with our transportation. This, I think, has caused more anger and doubt than any other problem I have faced. I think it’s because I have no control. I have no choice but to hand it over to God. This was hard for me. I thought I could handle it myself. God showed me that if I hand it over to Him, things will change. I did, and they did. The van still hasn’t been returned, but I feel a lot better about it. Something changed in the way that I am looking at the entire situation. I no longer have doubt. I know that God will do what is best. I no longer pray for the van to be returned. I pray only that He will give me wisdom, and the strength to accept what happens. He has given me peace. The enemy was using my anger with the situation to gain control of my actions and words. I admit, I did and said things I am not happy about. I was wrong. Now, God has shown me that it isn’t all about me. There is a reason why we have been without this vehicle for four months. There is a reason why we haven’t been able to get it back. I don’t know what it is, but I KNOW it is for God’s Glory. I KNOW God will use this situation to teach us to honor Him.



I am starting to look at my life differently than before. I’m not just talking about from before I was saved, but also from the way I perceived things just a few weeks ago. I have been selfish. I have been wanting God to serve me. I wanted Him to do whatever it took to make me happy. I need to turn things around. I need to do whatever it takes to make Him happy. It doesn’t matter how I feel. I am here to bring Glory to God. It’s not about me, it’s all about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment