Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Parents

My parents come in today from Minnesota to visit. I am really excited to see them. My boys, I think, are more excited to see them. We don't have anything big planned, but I know we will have fun anyway. Mostly I think we will just hang out and talk.

These are my first visitors from our family, and I am a little nervous. I have been cleaning the apartment all week, to get everything perfect for when they get here. I think that is what I want to talk about the most.

Why do we clean our home so much when we know someone is coming over? If they stopped by unexpectedly, would they be offended by what my home looks like?

I have a major problem with clutter. There are school books and paper all over the kitchen table. I tried really hard to organize them all. There are toys everywhere. That was the boys job for the day. They have been trying to organize them by color. A little extra school activity that accomplishes chores as well. I actually made a significant dent in our laundry pile. It's gone. There are no dishes in our sink, or on the counter.

I can't believe how organized and clean everything is. I just hope we can keep it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment