Thursday, July 1, 2010

Update

The camera is broken. It may be a while before I post pictures again. I am trying to figure out how to get my camera fixed under the warranty. The problem is that we bought the camera in Minnesota, and now we live in Florida. I just hope we don't have to spend too much to ship it back there, or maybe we can get it fixed here for free. We are still working on it, and trying to make decisions.

I am reading a book for the womens bible study group I joined at church. The book is "The New Eve". I will let you all know what I think of it. I have only read part of the first chapter so far.

I am buying a Bible for the boys. They need to have their own. They are always wanting to "read" my Bible or Daddy's Bible. They can't read yet, but I think that reading their own Bible might just be an incentive. I am going to get the Early Readers Bible. I just need to figure out what version to get. I am leaning towards the NKJV.

I am also going to buy a few more books for myself. I am really getting into studying my Bible, so I wanted to get some books to help me out.

"How To Study Your Bible" by Kay Arthur
"Love & Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs
"Share Jesus Without Fear" by William Fay and Linda Evans Shepherd
"Have A New Kid By Friday" by Kevin Lehman

I am really excited to start reading all of these. First I have to buy them. I am going through Amazon. I have no problem with getting books that are used, they are cheaper. I am going to order them next week.

This weekend for the 4th we are going into Tampa to see Scott's family. We are really excited to see them. It will be about a 5 hour drive, but we will manage. We were hoping to have the van fixed by then, but we don't know if that will happen. If not, we will all squeeze into the little Toyota. It is possible to fit 3 carseats in the back seat of that car. We plan on doing a lot of stuff while in Tampa, so pray that the weather is good.

The boys are very stubborn. They don't like to go to bed, eat all their dinner, clean up, and many more things. They are typical boys I suppose. The only thing, is that now they don't have a choice. We have started to hold firm to the rules that we set up a long time ago. We never really enforced them before. Now the boys are not having much fun learning the chores they get to do. We are trying to make it fun for them to do, but they know what work is. I love their effort. Next we will work on doing our chores without whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment