Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Phrases I Hear All Day Long

My boys repeat themselves quite often. Sometimes I feel like we are living the same day over and over. It never fails. Jameson gets up in the morning and comes into my room to wake me up. He will stand next to my bed and say:

"Good Morning Mommy!"

Not only is that a great way to wake up, but he has been so cheerful when he wakes up lately. He wasn't always like this. There was a time when it was terribly difficult to get him to wake up. He would whine and cry and throw a tantrum if he woke up before he was ready. This has all changed in the last couple of months. The next thing I hear is:

"I'm Hungry!"

We proceed into the kitchen to make breakfast. This usually consists of cereal, but occasionally means having pancakes or eggs or french toast. Immediately after finishing breakfast I hear:

"May I Have A Snack?"

This is one that gets repeated frequently throughout the day. Randomly throughout the next few hours I hear this:

"Jameson Pushed Me!"
"I Need A Hug!"
"Teagen Bit Me!"
"May I Watch TV?"
"May I Have A Snack?"
"May I Have A Drink?"
"Gavin Is Crying!" (like I didn't hear him)

Lunch time comes and goes and I hear:

"May I Have A Snack?"
"I Don't Want To Take A Nap!"
"May I Hold Gavin?"
"I Have To Go Potty!"
"Jameson Hit Me!"
"Teagen Threw A Toy At Me!"
"I'm Hungry!"
"What Time Is It?"

Dinner time comes and goes and I hear:

"I Don't Like That!"
"May I Have A Snack?"
"I'm Not Tired!"

Amidst the normal everyday phrases is an everyday story or two or three by Jameson. His story is different everyday, and very confusing. I am surprised by what his mind comes up with. Just ask him to tell you about his sleep stories and he will tell you something like this:

It was a Mario sleep story with a lion in it and it ate mario up with his tongue. That's what happened. I waked up when it was dark outside and I fell back asleep. That's what happened. He was in the castle and that's why the lion was in the castle. King Koopa said go eat Mario up. King Koopa was so angry. King Koopa was happy. I waked up in the morning again. That's what happened all day. My other sleep story is: It's about a silly Moses. I really love you Moses. That's what happened. Help God. You will listen to me. I'm pretending I'm a lion. (he proceeds to crawl around and growl for the next 15 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment