Friday, July 30, 2010

I am guilty!

I am guilty of many things. I am ashamed to say that I am not the best Mommy out there. I strive to be, but fall seriously short.

My house has toys everywhere. They are not just in the play room. They are in the kitchen, in the bedroom, in the livingroom, and even in the bathroom. Some of them or stored in boxes in the closet. You may even find some in the dresser with the clothes.

The toys are not organized. The wooden blocks are mixed with the dinosaurs and legos and stuffed animals. We do not attempt to organize the toys anymore. They never stay that way, why should I spend the time trying. We just put all the toys together in the big bin. That is, when we pick them up. Remember there are toys everywhere.

My boys don't always wear clothes. They usually run around the house in their underwear/diapers. I don't even put pajamas on them at bedtime. If we do leave the house, I do get them dressed. But, I don't bother with taking their clothes off and putting pajamas on at night. They just sleep in their clothes. That is, if they have made it this far without undressing themselves.

We eat PB&J, mac & cheese, hotdogs, and chicken nuggets. These are the things we make sure we have on hand at all times. At times, this is probably the only food in our house.

We drink only water and sometimes milk. They don't get a choice. If you are thirsty, you get water. If you are eating a meal at the table, you get milk.

I have succeeded in teaching my boys to be afraid of bugs. I am not a fan of bugs. If you know me, you have probably seen me running away from a bug at some point. I just don't like them to fly towards me or crawl on me. If they leave me and my home alone, they MIGHT live. Since moving to Florida, we see a lot more bugs. The boys grab a shoe and attempt to squash any spider, ant, or any other creepy crawly thing they see.

The only time we leave our house is to get more food, or go to church. Give me a break on this one. It's hot down here. I never went outside in the Minnesota winters either.

I guess, these aren't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment