Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Decision Making


When I have to make a decision, there is some serious inner turmoil.

There is a battle that goes on in my head. I have a really hard time with decisions. I will sit there while my husband will ask me again what I want. “Do you want strawberry ice cream, or mint chip ice cream?” See what I mean? Serious inner turmoil.

Here is the process my brain goes through. First I imagine eating the strawberry ice cream. YUMMO! Chunks of real strawberries in creamy strawberry ice cream. Then I imagine eating the mint chip. YUMMO! (again) Chocolate! Need I say more. Next I wonder if they can be mixed. Can you imagine. I don’t think that will work, but can I have a scoop of each in a bowl? No!

If you know me well, you know that there is no way my food can touch. Well, some can but some things just don’t mix. On Thanksgiving you can absolutely not have your mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, touching any kind of Jello or cranberries. (It all goes back to that little guy living in my stomach that separates all my food.) Long Story that I may just tell you sometime.

Knowing this, there is no way I can have a scoop of strawberry ice cream touching a scoop of mint chip ice cream. There is more deliberation in my brain. Two bowls! What a waste. More dishes to do. Back to deciding which one to eat. Can’t!

The husband can’t wait and has made the decision for me. I eat the strawberry, while dreaming of the mint chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment