Saturday, March 26, 2011

Another Life Changed Through God

By Scott

Four months ago I became a real believer. I called myself a Christian, but didn't live the life. I finally got my priorities straight. (1. God. 2. Family. 3. Work.) The knowledge and understanding came to me through God. I started understanding my role as a husband and father. Then God decided to let me go to Haiti. (If you know me and my job situation, it's hard to get a day off.) But, everything worked out in the end. Now my life is forever changed. God, and only God put a fire under me. In Haiti I helped my brothers with 18 different pastors, teaching the gosple and learning more about Him. Now, I can't get enough. Haiti is a beautiful country but at the same time very sad. They need God in a bad way and I believe they will get it. The country has hit rock bottom. Everyone we passed by said "Give me a dollar". They teach their children this. I went there to see how our church can help Canaan and found out that we need to help all of the country. We taught the gosple to pastors. In September we are going back. These pastors were on fire just listening, eating everything up, asking questions and ready to go out and preach. This isn't a tent revival that brings hundreds, but only a few get saved, this is a start to fix the church in Haiti. Money helps, but it's only a temporary fix. We are in it for the long haul, (The Word Of God) because once it starts it will spread like wild fire. We helped start this small fire with God on our side and expect it to continue (with prayer). I'm so excited to see what changes happen in six months with God at work. So, brothers and sisters, please pray for Haiti. Everyone needs to pray and read the Word. I'm still new at this (so is everyone really) so I don't know the answers but God wants me to speak my thoughts (for His glory).



3 comments:

  1. I am proud of you, my brother. You greatly encouraged my faith by your testimony. Jim Seidel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see many people in Haiti being "born again" just like you describe above. It happened to me when I was 30. After the earthquake in Haiti the only thing that kept going through my mind was "One nation, born again". Just like the Israelites according to 2 Chronicles 7:14, I believe that if the Haitian people would humble themselves, and pray and seek God's face, and turn from their wicked ways then God would hear their prayer, forgive their sin, and heal their land. I see the earthquake as "tilling the soil in preparation for God to do an amazing work through the Haitian people. Our attitude should be that of Elijah in 1 Kings 18:36b-37 where he says, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel let it be known this day that you are God in Israel and I am your servant and that I have done all these things at your word. Hear me, oh Lord. Hear me that this people may know that you are the Lord God and that you have turned their hearts back to you again.

    Fan the flames, Lord - Jim Seidel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures, Scott! Thanks for sharing them, and your story. All of us need a wake up call everyday as to why God put us here on earth - to Glorify Him. Stay strong in Christ. Remember, we love you and pray for you every day.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete